Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Exitium: Vae Victis V Amazing Half Life 2 Machinima

I did some searching on the internet for some decent machinima films and stumbled on Exitium - Vae Victis V. This would be the best machinima film I have ever seen so far.

It is really hard to find really decent well executed machinima film. Last night I found a beauty. The film was produced and directed by Eddie Smithson. As a result of my excitement for this film, I searched the internet for information about Eddie, such as a blog, website, facebook, twitter etc which resulted with no bites.

Exitium: Vae Victis V (Half-Life Machinima)


Eddie used an unusual method of making this film. He used the Garry's mod and green screen approach which I thought was very unusual, if not a time consuming process.

The Metrocop battle scenes reminded me of the Steven Spielberg film Saving Private Ryan. The battle scenes had a WWII battle footage style which I feel is quite an achievement.

Here is a tutorial that Eddie produced to show how he did it.

Eddie Smithson's Tutorial (Half-Life 2 Machinima Tutorial)



If you have any information at all about Eddie Smithson, please let me know by adding a comment to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment